Friday, April 24, 2009

1602** : "We can't process your report, our system is down"..

Guong

You might wonder what does my title mean. Well, let me share this short story first which happen a couple of hour earlier before I post this entry..
There was supposed to be a gathering at the church I attended every Sunday. And to our surprised, the church was broken in by burglars. But thank God they didn't manage to take anything since they just finished gathering all of the goods and equipment and neatly laid near the main door. At that moment, we came and screw all their plan. They manage to escape though since they heard us coming up the stair. They calmly went down, pass us and then ran away. We only realized they were burglar when we saw the lock-peeled door. 7 locks to be exact. The church is a rented lot at the 2nd floor of a building.
Ok, long story short, we went to the nearest police station to lodge a report. When we came there, only two policemen was in the station (which was a premise usually used for commercial purpose like shops). They were eating KFC while watching Astro.

I went in and explain the situation. One of them then sat in front of a computer (the other kept on watching Astro) and began asking the details about the burglary. The moment I mentioned it was a church, I noticed his face expression changed a bit. He also looked surprised after realizing I was a Sabahan, has the word 'bin' in my Mykad yet a Christian and doesn't do the common job a Sabahan usually associated with in West Malaysia like factory workers, security guard etc. He also has this smirk on his face when I speak. Well, I don't change my accent even though I can. Maybe it's funny to him but it doesn't bother me really.

So, he spent about 20 minutes asking stuff and printed the report. To my surprised, it wasn't a report but he only issued us a complaint letter. And he actually asked us to take the letter to the main Police Station in Klang Town which was further away and lodge the report again there. When I asked why can't the report be done here, this was his replay,
"Oh, we can't process your report here, our system is down. Go there and show this letter. They will handle it from there."
I was like, what? Why didn't he tell us earlier that the system was down? But I took the letter, thank him and walk out. Questioning or complaining wouldn't get us anywhere.

At the end, we didn't made the report. We realized it was for nought. It's not like the burglars manage to steal anything anyway.

Well, I believe that God works in mysterious way. And I believe He also does in this incident. Just that we are yet to know what is His plan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wahh.....tumbuk saja muka durang tu