Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Migrating back to Borneo

Guong

Yesterday, I had a short chit-chat (maybe less than 10 minutes..or so) with my colleagues about government school compared to private school in Malaysia. She was planning to resign from our school because she got an offer to teach in a private international school. We start discussing about the difference of learning environment between these two schools.

We came to a conclusion that private schools are way better. If not, why did our own education minister opt for private school rather than the government school for his own children? This conclusion prompts my colleague to spoil the green that she is also going to send her son to the same private school that gave her the offer.

This then made her to spoil another green that she and her family are planning to migrate out of Malaysia. Huh? Well, I didn't ask why for I already know the answer. But she told her reason anyway. It was for a better living.

One might ask why? Is Malaysia such a bad place? Well, as long as race based government is still kicking and alive in Malaysia, I have to say yes. In Malaysia there are two places left that are still not yet affected by these racial issues. Where? Borneo.

So, if I were to migrate, I would migrate from Malaya back to Borneo.

But our racial harmony is now being threatened by these race based parties. UMNO with their propaganda, “Ketuanan Melayu”. And now MCA demand that they should be given the Deputy Chief Minister of Sabah post even though they did nothing to develop Sabah.

I really hope that the people of Borneo don’t easily give in to these peoples. If we do, we might also migrate out from our homeland.

No comments: