Thursday, October 2, 2008

One Man Music Is Another Man Noise

Guong

I mentioned in my profile that I like music but I'm yet to post anything about music (and girls..I think I'll save that for another time..hehe). Well, I think I should rest a bit from my political mind which tend to make me sound like a very serious, critical, straight forward and boring guy..hehe..

What type of music do you like? That is quite an odd question cause people usually asked 'Which singer/band do you like?' or 'Who's your favorite artist/group/band? ' And I can't really answer the second question cause frankly, I don't really have any. I usually related to a band/singer with the music they make rather than their personal life, looks, gossip etc..

That being said, I listen to almost all artist out there (I say 'almost all' since there are still a lot undiscovered talents). Every music is unique. Be it soft, swing jazz to the fast, energetic hard metal. But people tend to generalize music. Like, if a man likes to listen to Backstreet Boys, Westlife and other boybandish type of music, they are labeled as 'gay' (ironically, most 'gay' do listen to this music). And if a women likes to listen to Metalica, Iron maiden, Sepultura etc, they are labeled as wild girl and sometimes as demeaning as a 'bitch'. (mainly because they look rebellious like piercing, black coloured nail, dark eyeliner etc.)

Different ideologies also arise and people tend to make confrontation with it. Mainstream music, underground music (well, they called it alternative or independent nowadays), elite music.. bla..bla.. balatung.. kacang panjang.. gorouk.. puntih..

Who Cares? I mean whatever you called it, it is still just music, with a different tempo, feel, chord, and attitude. Hate the people who sang it? Just hate em' if that makes you happy but don't hate the music. Peace..

p/s: After finished writing this post, I still sounds like a serious, critical, straight forward and boring guy..hahaha..

No comments: